Location: Remote US -- NY, CT, MA, NJ, PA, DE, MD, DC, VA preferred
Duration: 1 year with the potential to extend
Type: Contract // Part Time, 0.6 FTE (3 days or 24 hrs/week)
About Ida Sports:
Ida Sports is a female sports footwear company from Melbourne, Australia and is on a mission to make the best boots in the world for female athletes. We have spent the last 3 years working with podiatrists, physiotherapists, coaches, and hundreds of female players to develop a boot designed specifically for females. We are dedicated to gender equality, empowering women and girls in sport and ensuring everyone has the right to enjoy the game they love.
We have a distributed team working in Melbourne & Perth (Australia), East Coast US and London (UK). We’ve built a great company culture working remotely and enjoy bringing our full selves to work in the Ida fam.
We are looking for an online content and community coordinator to inspire and delight our customers with their storytelling and create a community around our brand. The role is part-time with flexible hours and is mostly remote. We expect the successful candidate to be based in the East Coast of the US.
If you get excited by the following, this is probably the role for you:
“We should definitely try that trend on Tiktok.”
“Can someone record an unboxing video with our latest cleats and packaging?”
“It’s time to brainstorm content ideas for Instagram and Tiktok next month!”
“What are people saying about us online? Are there any interesting accounts that have followed us lately?”
As the Online Content Coordinator, you will take ownership of Ida’s organic content strategy and creation efforts across social media and digital touchpoints. You will be responsible for communicating the Ida ethos and authentically engaging with, and building, community. Ultimately you will have the opportunity to get creative, tell amazing stories about our community through video, and build a thriving community of supporters of the women’s game!
50% -- Content Cycle
- Manage and elevate our online social content strategy, from idea to distribution, through cross-departmental collaboration. With an emphasis on mobile video creation.
Content Ideation -- maintain a collaborative content calendar for social media and put a system into place that enables long term content planning. Work with the marketing team around content ideas for other areas as needed, such as affiliates, email, influencers, and partners.
Content Creation -- ability to create a consistent and reasonable amount of video, photo, and graphic design content independently, while also working with freelancers and in-house designers as needed.
- Video → priority to create consistent and engaging content for Instagram & Tiktok
- Copywriting → writing engaging copy for captions, videos, and graphics
- Photo → identify quality UGC and work with freelancers to bring shoots to life
- Graphic Design → work with in-house team and create within templates
User Generated Content → manage, moderate, and grow contributions
- Content Distribution -- scheduling content in third party software, posting manually as needed, monitoring performance and interactions.
30% -- Community Building
- Authentically engage with and grow our global online community, which exists across Australia, the US, and the UK. This includes monitoring all social media touchpoints, providing customer service, escalating questions and concerns, and using customer interactions to shape bigger brand strategy.
20% -- Reporting & Analysis
- Provide weekly, monthly, quarterly insights into content performance, community engagement, and industry happenings that can shape brand short and long term strategy.
A sample day might include:
- Making a video reel or tiktok video
- Checking in on our social accounts to engage with our community.
- Reviewing previous posts and content to inspire future plans
- Drafting captions for upcoming social posts later that week or month
- Investigating a new automation tool and bringing recommendations to the team
- Working with the rest of the team across the world to share insights from our customers
- High-fiving the team through Zoom whilst you’re drinking your morning coffee
Experience and skills:
You have 3+ years experience managing brand social media accounts and have work samples to show for it. You are comfortable with content calendars, various scheduling tools, and reporting on social insights.
The ideal candidate will be proficient in, and enjoy doing:
- Filming things: You understand Tiktok and Instagram Reels, the differences between the two platforms and audience, and you are able to bring fun and creative content to life via vertical video. We’re looking for someone who is creative, fun, and comfortable being on camera!
- Wordsmithing: You are an exceptional copywriter who is creative, witty, and intentional in every word you choose when writing captions, text over videos, blog posts, and the like.
- Trend-spotting: You may not be a professional photographer yourself, but you have an eye for spotting high quality UGC content, are able to select the right photo for the right moment, and can guide freelance photographers to bring your visual ideas to life.
- Design-hacky things: You may not be a graphic designer yourself, but you have basic skills within Canva, a sharp attention to detail, and can work within templates.
- Strategic-y things: You have an ability to be creative in content ideation and strategy and you are aware of the importance of building up systems to ensure execution of your strategy.