Location: London (UK)
Duration: 2 year contract with potential to extend
Type: Contract // Full-time
Ida Sports is a female sports footwear company from Melbourne, Australia and is on a mission to make the best boots in the world for female athletes. We have spent the last 3 years working with podiatrists, physiotherapists, coaches, and hundreds of female players to develop a boot designed specifically for females. We are dedicated to gender equality, empowering women and girls in sport and ensuring everyone has the right to enjoy the game they love.
We have a distributed team working in Melbourne & Perth (Australia), East Coast US and London (UK). We’ve built a great company culture working remotely and enjoy bringing our full selves to work in the Ida fam.
We are looking for an exceptional Chief of Staff to support the business as it grows. The role will be full-time with flexible hours. The role would suit someone who loves getting stuck in, can triage complex problems and enjoys the unknown.
If you get excited by the following, this is probably the role for you:
"There’s a tournament this weekend in Virginia that we want to showcase at, can you go?”
“Now let me tell you for the 500th time this year, why our shoes are literally the best”.
"I don’t know what the budget is, I don’t know where the event is going to be held but I have a few ideas".
“Let me show you our latest products and I can explain all the technical features”.
A sample day might include:
- Emailing a tournament to inquire about vendor fees
- Talking to potential brand ambassador players about the shoes you fitted on them last weekend
- Preparing a sell sheet for your next DSG meeting
- Sketching an idea for some graphics for the next
- Writing a report and analyzing data from the previous event
- High-fiving the team through Zoom whilst you’re drinking your morning coffee
As the Chief of Staff, you are responsible for translating the vision of the founders into practical, actionable steps.
- 60% Implementation of Projects
- 30% Project-Managing a Research Project
- Liaise with key stakeholders in the consortium,
- Work collaboratively with the Ida team to bring merchandising, in-store, and in-market brand activations to life and drive traffic to local DSG stores.
- 10% Miscellaneous System Optimisation
- Explore opportunities to sell into additional independent retailers, via wholesale or affiliate marketing.
- Work collaboratively with the Ida team to build selling tools and collateral.
Experience and skills:
The ideal candidate will be proficient in, and enjoy doing:
- Getting-stuck-in-things: You are willing to roll your sleeves up, dive into a spreadsheet and solve a problem.
- Tricky & complex things: There’s not always a right answer and you must use your judgment and experience to
- Action-y things: You think strategically but have a bias to action as there is never enough time to dwell working in a startup. You find that zen balance.
- Admin-y things: You know that a clean company storage system is a happy company storage system. You enjoy putting things in order and ensuring reports are submitted, bills are paid and everything is as it should be. You get a little twitchy if tasks aren’t completed.
- Managerial things: You love bringing the best out of people. You inspire your team to be awesome, you delegate effectively and you give well thought out feedback.
Who you are as a person:
- You GSD for everything. Your rate of solving problems is high and you get excited by a tough challenge.
- You care deeply about the people around you in the team and as a senior staff member are able to support other members of the team.
- You are able to represent the company in everything from high-level meetings to highschool tournaments.
Bonus skills and interests:
- Startup experience (or ready to take the plunge from corporate);
- Ability and interest to get involved in other aspects of other business;
- An American in the UK (or someone who deeply understands the US market); and,
- This is a soccer-focused company so we are ultimately looking for someone who is equally passionate about the game and the mission of Ida Sports to empower female athletes (we're on a mission to change the game for women in sport. It's more than just a shoe).
We’re a small but growing company which means you should be prepared to build systems while remaining flexible enough to pivot quickly. The right person should be comfortable with constant change and ambiguity, while simultaneously helping us plan further ahead and constantly improve processes. You should be ready to get scrappy, own your world, and take initiative to get things done. Challenges are seen as opportunities and your growth mindset helps you to learn anything new that you don't already know.
Benefits: Y (pension contribution)
Start Date: May 2022
How To Apply:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org by XX/XX/XXXX. Please include your resume and a cover letter that states 1) why you are interested in working for Ida Sports and 2) what specific qualities you will bring to this role (tangible or intangible).
Ida Sports is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic protected by law.