Location: Remote US -- Metro NY, North/Central NJ, Eastern PA, Metro DC preferred
Duration: 1 year with the potential to extend
Type: Contract // Part Time, 0.6 FTE (3 days or 24 hrs/week)
Ida Sports is a female sports footwear company from Melbourne, Australia and is on a mission to make the best boots in the world for female athletes. We have spent the last 3 years working with podiatrists, physiotherapists, coaches, and hundreds of female players to develop a boot designed specifically for females. We are dedicated to gender equality, empowering women and girls in sport and ensuring everyone has the right to enjoy the game they love.
We have a distributed team working in Melbourne & Perth (Australia), East Coast US and London (UK). We’ve built a great company culture working remotely and enjoy bringing our full selves to work in the Ida fam.
We are looking for a Brand Rep to represent Ida Sports on the ground and in person, where possible. The role will be full-time with flexible hours. There is an expectation of travel around the US to tournaments and retail stores and the rest can be remote. The role would suit someone who is awesome at selling, loves talking to people from top athletes to coaches to sales assistants, and who’s values resonate with our company.
If you get excited by the following, this is probably the role for you:
"There’s a tournament this weekend in Virginia that we want to showcase at, can you go?”“Now let me tell you for the 500th time this year, why our shoes are literally the best”.
“We should try to go to this tournament/event. That’s exactly where our target customer will be.”
“Let me show you our latest products and I can explain all the technical features”.
“Ida just dropped at the local Dick’s Sporting Goods. We should introduce ourselves to their sales reps!”
A sample day might include:
- Emailing a tournament to inquire about vendor fees
- Talking to potential brand ambassador players about the shoes you fitted on them last weekend
- Preparing a sell sheet for your next DSG meeting
- Sketching an idea for some graphics for the next
- Writing a report and analyzing data from the previous event
- High-fiving the team through Zoom whilst you’re drinking your morning coffee
As the Events Coordinator and Brand Rep, you will be responsible for engaging directly with end customers as well as retail partners to introduce the brand and sell products.
- 60% Event Activations + Local Travel
- Build and execute our annual event strategy, including budget management, within key focus markets. Primary territory being mid-atlantic states, with potential to activate in the Midwest, California, and Texas on a case-by-case basis.
- Research and identify events and tournaments where we can engage with our audience.
- Outreach to event organizers around opportunities to exhibit, vend, or sponsor events.Setup and breakdown of table, tent, and displays at each.
- Actively engage with attendees, share the Ida story, answer their product-related questions, and activate brand contests and promotions. \Manage an informal team to support event activations, including: interns, volunteers, partners, and potentially brand reps.
- Provide recaps, analysis, and learnings from each event for future consideration.
- 30% Key Account Support
- Visit key Dick’s Sporting Goods store locations within your territory to establish relationships with store and marketing managers and learn about market needs.
- Work collaboratively with the Ida team to bring merchandising, in-store, and in-market brand activations to life and drive traffic to local DSG stores.
- 10% New Account Generation
- Explore opportunities to sell into additional independent retailers, via wholesale or affiliate marketing.
- Work collaboratively with the Ida team to build selling tools and collateral.
- Focus on new accounts subject to change as brand grows in 2022 and beyond!
Experience and skills:
You have a combination of 2-4 years experience in both event marketing or sales and can demonstrate your learning in those roles.
The ideal candidate will be proficient in, and enjoy doing:
- Getting-stuck-in-things: You are willing to get your hands dirty, rep the Ida brand, learn your market, and engage with customers at events and tournaments throughout your territory, especially from March - August.
- Sometimes-heavy-things: Moving to and from tournaments and events requires stamina. You have the ability to walk and stand for an extended period and lift/carry up to 30 pounds.
- Selling things: You could sell an invisible cloak to many different types of people and you get a buzz when you make a sale and close a deal.
- Flexible things: You like variety and are able to work a varied schedule to include weekends and evenings as needed. You won’t need to work every weekend, but tournaments and matches are often held on Saturdays and recreational leagues play on weeknights. You also like working remotely with team members across the world.
Who you are as a person:
- You love talking and listening to people. You will be an evangelist for the Ida brand but you will also be building relationships with customers and retailers to understand their needs so we can better deliver for them.
- You will work with the Ida team remotely but may often be attending events and engagements independently. As a small company, we will be counting on you to be our eyes, ears, and voice!
Bonus skills and interests:
- Startup experience (or ready to take the plunge from corporate);
- Ability and interest to get involved in other aspects of other business; and,
- You do not need to be a current or former elite player to perform this role, but familiarity with and enthusiasm for soccer and the professional, collegiate, amateur, and youth scene is necessary!
- This is a soccer-focused company so we are ultimately looking for someone who is equally passionate about the game and the mission of Ida Sports to empower female athletes (we're on a mission to change the game for women in sport. It's more than just a shoe).
We’re a small but growing company which means you should be prepared to build systems while remaining flexible enough to pivot quickly. The right person should be comfortable with constant change and ambiguity, while simultaneously helping us plan further ahead and constantly improve processes. You should be ready to get scrappy, own your world, and take initiative to get things done. Challenges are seen as opportunities and your growth mindset helps you to learn anything new that you don't already know. We are global which means the occasional meeting at weird hours, but we try to keep these to a minimum.
How To Apply:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org by March 18, 2022 with email subject line as “BRAND REP MID ATLANTIC- APPLICANT NAME” Please include your resume and a cover letter that states 1) why you are interested in working for Ida Sports and 2) what specific qualities you will bring to this role (tangible or intangible).
Ida Sports is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic protected by law.